Facilities and Access
As well as our fantastic galleries and attractions, we have accessible facilities and helpful staff who are always on hand to help or advise you during your visit.
Our experts in the galleries, look out for members of Space Crew if you have any questions or need assistance
Male, female and disabled toilets are situated throughout the centre
Facilities for changing baby are situated next to the Cargo Bay shop and also behind the Space Now gallery
There is a fee free facility on site
A first aid trained member of staff is always on duty.
Our security team and Space Crew are here to help if you find you have lost anything during your day out.
The National Space Centre allows access for all and is accessible to people in wheelchairs or with mobility issues, and other special needs. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for on this website, you can contact us for further information on 0116 261 0261.
- Disabled parking spaces available (parking charges apply)
- The Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium has spaces for up to 6 wheelchairs
- Wheelchairs are available on loan to visitors free of charge (subject to availability)
- Large print information is available upon request
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- Touch tours are available with prior booking
- An induction loop is fitted in the Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium
- Most audio exhibits are subtitled
- For those unable to access the SIM we offer the opportunity to enjoy the show without entering the ride
- Seating is available throughout the galleries.
For full details about accessing the National Space Centre and the ways in which we can accommodate specific needs, please download our Access Statement.